Saturday, June 13, 2009

Electricity

June 13, 2009
There is one problem with this technology--it all uses electricity. Our house was one of the 500,000 who lost power from downed power lines from thunder storms in the DFW area on Wednesday. It was great when it came back on on Friday. However, it made working on 23 Things impossible. My daughter went to a public library to do her e-mail and some work for her on-line job. However, my links and passwords were on my computer, so I didn't work on 23 Things there. Okay, I should write them down. My neighbors were surprised to learn that, as long as the place has electricity, the local library is great for checking on e-mail. And it has air conditioning, besides all of the great books. So there may be more visitors from my neighborhood at the library if this happens again. I did a lot of reading by flashlight, so the outage wasn't all bad.
And the neighbors check in with each more often, looking for the latest news.
Flickr is very interesting. It was great looking at pictures from my favorite places. I will use the account. This is great for libraries. I wonder if school libraries use it much? I'll blog more after I set up an account.

No comments:

Post a Comment