Thursday, June 25, 2009

Thing 11

I signed up for AIM Express, http://www.aim.com/aimexpress.adp since it was web based. I tried the Google IM first, and it never would load. My screen name is "somereflections". It would be nice if someone would message me. I don't think IM will be very useful for me. I think the odds of my friends and family both being on the computer as the same time as me and having the time to IM are small. If we had that much time, we'd phone. E-mail is a more useful form of communication because it can be read and answered at the reader's convenience. Text messaging on the phone is also convenient for short messages. I don't see how I would use IM in an elementary library. However, I have enjoyed finding out about all of this technology.
S

No comments:

Post a Comment