Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Thing 23

Reflections
This was a great experience. I won't keep up with writing a blog, but I'm glad that I have done it. And I will keep reading blogs about things I am interested in and I wouldn't have done this before 23 Things. I had fun with Flickr and the mashups and image generators but I haven't had time to play with them. I thought I was keeping track of my passwords, but I lost my Flickr one. However, it was easy to go through the steps to have them send it to me again. I think that is the only password/log in I forgot to write down. Is it only people my age who have this trouble?
Since I found out that many people I know and organizations I am interested in have Facebook accounts, this is what I have used the most. Library Thing will be fun because of the reviews. I thing I'll try cataloging my own books. I won't use it as much as Facebook, but I will use it.
I didn't see the point in my using Twitter or instant messaging, but I can see how it works for some people. I am very glad that I found out what tagging is, since it was invented since I earned my MLS back in the Dark Ages. Now I know what my daugher is talking about. I was frustrated with Digg and I had trouble finding what I wanted when I was looking for very specific topics.
I had to most trouble when I tried to insert Flickr letters in my blog. I need to try again.
S

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful! Good comments about use of these tools. NT 23 things is almost over. Thanks for doing a great job. If you do have questions, please contact me.
    ~ Lilly (lillylibrarian@gmail.com)
    NT 23 Things

    ReplyDelete