Saturday, August 1, 2009

Thing 19

Google Documents
I admit it, I can't count. I skipped this one by accident and will get to it as soon as I can.
S
August 2, 2009
Google Documents was easy to log on to. I went through the tour and the video. I set up some sample documents. My daughter said that she didn't think she would log on to the master grocery lists. I was thinking it could be a fun way to share recipes with family members. This could be very useful for class projects or projects for a group at work. A library could share information with its patrons this way. However, I had problems with the spreadsheet. I could make one, but the save button was grey and I couldn't save. I couldn't save a presentation, either. My husband suggested that I use Google Chrome instead of Explorer and the problem was saved. The documents were just like Word. The spreadsheet was just like using Excel. Okay, I don't make very complicated spread sheets. The slides were created just like PowerPoint, but I had a great deal of trouble inserting pictures. I don't have that trouble with PowerPoint. I don't know if the problem is me or the program. However, Google Documents is very useful.
S
S

No comments:

Post a Comment