Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Thing 20

YouTube. I had heard about this, but hadn't really looked at it before. I spent a great of time. I looked up different kind of libraries. I found a very good video for the Columbus, Nebraska public library. It was a great intro to their services, but I have a feeling that the person who made it is a great graphic artist. Others were just a mish/mash of pictures. They were entertaining but it would be harder for someone not familiar with the library to get the information they needed. There were some good intro videos for academic libraries also. I think it would be great to have a video on YouTube for a library, maybe linked to the library's web page. I looked up some instructional vidoes. There were some on the Dewey Decimal System which would be useful for a school library. Now I am wondering about how this works with copyright, especially after I noticed a Sesame Street clip on the library. This could also be useful to place instructional videos for the library. Also videos of library activities could be placed on YouTube for participants to watch. I think there are lots of possibilities.
S

No comments:

Post a Comment