Thursday, July 16, 2009

Thing 17

LibWorm was also fun. It was an easy way to find blogs and other web based info. I searched for disabilities. The first lisiting was a guide to ADA, which would be very useful for libraries. Searching for braille produced "Graffati: Art, Vandalism, or Information". I didn't think that blog would actually have anything about braille. I was wrong. It had a video about a braille graffati project in Oregon. I didn't find anything on disabilities or braille when searching catagories. the categories were useful for broad topics like schools or medical libraries. The subjects were broader. I choose audiobooks. A blog on the Unconference at ALA had a comment that libaries will need to do a better job of providing digital media if they want to keep adolescent patrons, which is very true. I found the tags harder to use to find info on disabilities or accessible media. So I choose the tag on children. I found on a blog that Philip Pullman is objecting to having criminal background checks on visiting authors. Anthony Browne, however, feels that writers shouldn't object. However, he did object to the cost of 64 pounds. The tags in alphabetical order were easier to search even though there are lots of them. And that probably defeats the purpose of tags. The other arrangements made the most used tags the most prominant, which seems to fit the goal of tags more. I searched for braille, but none of the entries were in English.
S

No comments:

Post a Comment