Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Thing 16

I love LibraryThing even though I had problems finding thingLang, MARCThing, and ISBNCheck. I finally found them in the Thing-ology Blog after I was sure I had already searched there. LibraryThing will be great for keeping track of my own personal books. I will use the reviews Major issues when I was an elementary school librarian were entering materials in the catalog. ISBN numbers were a problem and half my colection was not in English. So thingLang and ISBN CHeck would be really useful. MARCThing sounds very useful. And the fact that they are giving it to libraries is great. I signed up for the group "Librarians who Library Thing". They had great topics. The postings on strange requests from patrons had me laughing out loud. I entered 3 of my latest book purchases, it was super easy. I wondered how it would do with older books. I have a book from 1917 and it was entered just as quickly. I checked the statistics on the book and I seem to be the only member with a copy of it. The cover picture didn't appear, but I can live with that. I am going to buy one of their bar code readers. This was a fun site.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, you're doing an awesome job "reflecting" on the North Texas 23 Things! Thank you for taking part and let me know if you have any questions.
    ~ Lilly (http://lillylibrarian.blogspot.com/)

    ReplyDelete