Friday, July 10, 2009

Vacation


I've been away from my blog and 23 Things since we were on vacation. We visited friends in family in El Paso and had a great time. Sitting on my friends patio watching rainstorms in the distance and the fireworks on the 4th were great. And she has the world's cutest grandchild, who is fifteen months old and came to visit from Arizona. We even went to the old fashioned Fourth of July parade. Visiting my brother on the other side of town was also great. It was also a great time to think about technology. My nephew, the high school government teacher, has 2 TVs in his den. Not that television shows were ever watched. They were for games. I alwaysthought videogames were isolating. However, the visiting children, who were 2,3, 4, 6, 7, and 8, sat in a group in front of the games watching even though only a couple were actually playing at a time. Having grown children and no grandchildren I hadn't seen this before. Of course my nephew has a laptop and my husband and brother-in-law had his. However, they were always in use so I couldn't do 23 Things. Okay, they weren't in use when we were playing cards but I wasn't going to miss that. So now I need to get back to work on the things.
S

No comments:

Post a Comment